Checking In..

Community Forums Engine Development Checking In..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Abe Hamade 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Abe Hamade
    Participant

Heya Starnick!

How are things going? Havent seen any status updates on the Engine in a while. You still planning a new release? Was hoping to see it last year but alas I know how that goes. Looking forward to seeing your changes you posted in action. If you need some help, it looks like I am going to have a stint of free time available. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help this project along.

Cheers!

Starnick
    Keymaster

Hey Abe!

Yeah…the fall milestone kind of slipped, didn’t it? I wish I could say I have been in traction for the last five months and haven’t been able to move at all…but I can’t lol. Just been busy with work and life. At work we’ll be shipping the product that I’ve been working on for almost two years this month, so yeah it’s been busy.

Everything else just slipped, even AssimpNet. I should really just throw what I have up on the SVN rather than think I’m going to have this grandoise revamp unveiling. Not to mention you’ll probably be the only one there! heh

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by  Starnick.

Abe Hamade
    Participant

Oh wow that has to be exciting!! What us this masterful project that has occupied the last couple years? Don’t tell me ESO because I know it shipping next month. That would entirely make me super jealous.

I don’t think you give the community enough credit. Its like in the movie. Built it and they will come. You will see. Your programming expertise is a work of art. Your engine tesla one was/is amazingly written and easy to follow. So yea post up buddy

At the airport gotta run laters!

Starnick
    Keymaster

Well, I work on CAD products. The product line already is out there in the wild (just not the part I work on, but it’s a large technology platform). Here’s a favorite youtube video of mine:

Edit – Nice! The forum automatically embeds youtube links. Didn’t even know it did that.

Abe Hamade
    Participant

Hey that’s pretty amazing stuff there ! Its great to be able to see your work out there. Unfortunately, all the work I do is automation related and can only be seen in the luxury of a plant. I do a lot (99.99%)  of automotive factory automation. I have written Balancing Software, Wheel Alignment Software, Headlight Alignment Software, just to name a few. Those usually require specialized equipment with specific hardware requirements in order to operate. I like to utilize all the latest technology advances while I write my software too. 3D programming has only ever been a hobby. I do not have anywhere near the understanding as you do. One of the reasons I enjoy Tesla so much is how well written it actually is. I have seen many different libraries out there. None, and I mean not one single one, has such sophistication with clarity. Its not often I come across a programmer in which I can say this about, so please take this as the highest form of a compliment I am capable of giving.

I do look forward to seeing the advances you made in Tesla V2, but obviously when your ready to unveil it. Its like a piece of art. Just don’t keep us hanging too long if you can !!

Cheers for now !

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by  Abe Hamade.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.