Of new and old

Community Forums General Discussion Of new and old

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Abe Hamade 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Abe Hamade
    Participant

Its funny you pointed me there, I perhap stumbled there as your replied. So looks like I was in the right direction. Looks like you are referencing Cecil to do the IL code generation. Now that the picture looks a bit more familiar, another way of saying looking at what is going on here is similar to inline assembly language in c/c++. Since C# doesn’t support inline assembly, this provides support for it, just in a much cruder manner. Am I way off base?

Starnick
    Keymaster

Hmmm, kind of but I wouldn’t really call it that. Actually just the other day I saw something about inlining IL with C#:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jmstall/archive/2005/02/21/377806.aspx

From the explanation, that tool is basically what the interop generator is doing…just more generically but with the same sort of limitations. However, you write the IL alongside your C# code (which is more like what you’re describing). Really at the end of the day, its all doing the same sort of process so I wouldn’t get too hung up on it.

Abe Hamade
    Participant

Yep yep, your right… I really was more trying to draw a picture in my head to what was really going on. Much of the time its easier to understand things in ways you already know. Now that completely understand what its doing, I can move past it and see the big picture–its use in applications.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it and show me the light :) Down side is I pulled you away from something I want to see even more–Tesla 2.0 ! :) )

Cheers Starnick, Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.