Question about Assimp Utilities class

Community Forums AssimpNet Question about Assimp Utilities class

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  glitch 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

glitch
    Participant

Hi,

I use assimp since 2-3 weeks and i was wondering if some of the utilities class

had been implemented on the Assimp-Net from the original Assimp Version.

When i talk about “Utilities class”, i mean class that we can find there (in Section Utilities :P ) : http://assimp.sourceforge.net/lib_html/extend.html

<b style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Lucida Grande’, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 13.5199995040894px; background-color: #ffffff;”>I.E : SceneCombiner, </b><b style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Lucida Grande’, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 13.5199995040894px; background-color: #ffffff;”>SkeletonMeshBuilder, </b><b style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Lucida Grande’, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 13.5199995040894px; background-color: #ffffff;”>StandardShapes, etc…</b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Lucida Grande’, Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 13.5199995040894px; background-color: #ffffff;”>
    </span>

In fact, i tried to find/use them in my project, but i couldnt find anything yet.

Thank you,

Starnick
    Keymaster

Nope. That section talks more about a few classes that are utilities one can use when writing your own loaders. AssimpNet is just a wrapper for importing/exporting from the already preconfigured loaders in the library and is not really intended for extending Assimp functionality. If you want to add a new one you’d have to write it in C++, recompile the native library, then use that DLL with AssimpNet.

glitch
    Participant

Ok, Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.