Trouble importing IFC file with AssimpNet

Community Forums AssimpNet Trouble importing IFC file with AssimpNet

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  anirudh nandavar 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

anirudh nandavar
    Participant

Hi,I have 2 issues with importing IFC files using AssimpNET (keep in mind that I am noob in the topic):
    A) I’m trying to import IFC files with AssimpNet 3.3.2. There is an error when I try to import the IFC file: Unhandled exception: Assimp.AssimpException : Error importing file: The string “,0.,0))” cannot be converted to a value

(B) I have read on forums that AssimpNet 3.0 imports IFC. The issue here is that I cannot link AssimpNet.dll and Assimp64.dll to my c# project on VS 2015. I forked the AssimpNet 3.0 from the Git repository and built the AssimpNet.sln and then placed the resulting dlls to my c3 projects bin/x64 folder where the exe resides.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />Anyway, the VS cannot find the Assimp libraries when I try to declare Assimp with “using Assimp”.
    But, when I tried placing the assimp 3.0 dlls in my Unity project assets folder and called assimp from a c# script in unity, it works and also imports the IFC file.
    What am I doing wrong when linking the AssimpNet 3.0 with VS 2015 c# project?
    This is my code:

using System.IO;
    using System.Reflection;
    using Assimp;
    using Assimp.Configs;
    namespace Example
    {
    class Program
    {
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {

String fileName = “F:/rst_basic_sample_project.ifc”;

AssimpContext importer = new AssimpContext();

Scene model = importer.ImportFile(fileName);

Console.WriteLine(“no. of meshes in the model is: ” + model.MeshCount);

importer.Dispose();

}
    }
    }

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.